Also known as: BFe 4/4 1621 - 1651, CFe 4/4 841 - 871
Railway companies: SBB - Swiss Federal Railways
The first 13x units (CFe 4/4 841 - 853) are ordered in 1949, followed by 18x additional units (CFe 4/4 854 - 871) ordered in 1952.
The first unit is officially taken over by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS) on May 15th, 1952.
As some adjustments needed to be implemented after the first test drives, the second unit is delivered over one year after the first unit, being officially taken over by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS) on October 22nd, 1953.
The third unit is officially taken over by the Swiss Federal Railways (SBB CFF FFS) on December 9th, 1953.
All 31x units from this series are delivered by the end of 1955.
After the 3rd class is abolished in 1956, the units are classified as BFe.
Between 1958 and 1962, these units are renumbered 1621 - 1651.
In 1963, these units are classified as BDe 4/4.
In 1967, the speed is increased from 100 km/h to 110 km/h.
The last remaining units are removed from regular service in 1997.
Latest update on the 15th of December 2020 at 22:44
Contributor(s): Tudor C.