In 1973, 6 European railways ordered a total of 500 coaches designed for use on international railway routes in Europe. The order was commissioned by the European Company for the Financing of Railroad Rolling Stock (Eurofima) and so the coaches are called the "Eurofima coach" or "European Standard Coach".
The railway companies involved in the project and the number of coaches ordered:
- ÖBB (Austrian Federal Railways) : 25x Amoz 19-71.0 and 75x Bmoz 21-71.0 ;
- DB (German Federal Railways) : 100x Avmz 207 ;
- FS (Italian State Railways) : 30x Az 19-90 and 70x Bz 21-90 ;
- SNCF (French National Railway Company) : 100x A9u ;
- SNCB NMBS (National Railway Company of Belgium) : 20x A9 and 60x B11 ;
- SBB CFF FFS (Swiss Federal Railways) : 20x Am 19-70.5
Characteristics of Eurofima coaches:
- tare: 42 t;
- length: 26.40 m;
- width: 2,825 m;
- height: 4.05 m;
- wheelbase: 19.00 m;
- bogies: FIAT Y 0270 S t.30;
- bogie wheelbase: 2.56 m;
- maximum speed: 160 km / h;
- Faiveley doors.
Latest update on the 10th of August 2019 at 23:28
Contributor(s): Tudor C.