You are welcome to join as a contributor, editor, or author, but you have to follow the policies that govern TrainsDepot.org. Because we are dedicated to making content freely accessible to the public, we generally require that all content you contribute is available under a free license or in the public domain.
TrainsDepot.org is dedicated to encouraging the growth, development and distribution of content, and to hosting the full for the public free of charge. We act only as a hosting service, maintaining the infrastructure and organisational framework that allows our users to build the TrainsDepot.org website by contributing and editing content themselves. Because of our unique role, there are a couple of things you should be aware of when considering our relationship to you and the other users:
- We do not take an editorial role: Because the TrainsDepot.org is collaboratively edited, all of the content that we host is provided by users like yourself, and we do not take an editorial role. This means that we generally do not monitor or edit the content, and we do not take any responsibility for this content. Similarly, we do not endorse any opinions expressed via our services, and we do not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any submitted community content. Instead, we simply provide access to the content that your fellow users have contributed and edited.
- You are responsible for your own actions: You are legally responsible for your edits and contributions on TrainsDepot.org, so for your own protection you should exercise caution and avoid contributing any content that may result in criminal or civil liability under any applicable laws. For clarity, applicable law includes at least European laws. Although we may not agree with such actions, we warn editors and contributors that authorities may seek to apply other country laws to you, including local laws where you live or where you view or edit content. TrainsDepot.org cannot offer any protection, guarantee, immunity or indemnification.
You may find some material objectionable or erroneous: Because we provide a wide array of content that is produced or gathered by fellow users, you may encounter material that you find offensive, erroneous, misleading, mislabeled, or otherwise objectionable. We therefore ask that you use common sense and proper judgment when using our services.
Our content is for general informational purposes only: Although we host a great deal of information that pertains to professional topics, this content is presented for general informational purposes only. It should not be taken as professional advice. Please seek independent professional counselling from someone who is licensed or qualified in the applicable area in lieu of acting on any information, opinion, or advice contained on the TrainsDepot.org website.
TrainsDepot.org only exist because of the vibrant community of users like you who collaborate together to write, edit, and curate the content. We happily welcome your participation in this community. We encourage you to be civil and polite in your interactions with others in the community, to act in good faith, and to make edits and contributions aimed at furthering the mission of TrainsDepot.org.
Certain activities, whether legal or illegal, may be harmful to other users and violate our rules, and some activities may also subject you to liability. Therefore, for your own protection and for that of other users, you may not engage in such activities on our sites. These activities include:
Harassing and Abusing Others
- Engaging in harassment, threats, stalking, spamming, or vandalism; and
- Transmitting chain mail, junk mail, or spam to other users.
Violating the Privacy of Others
- Infringing the privacy rights of others under the European laws or other applicable laws (which may include the laws where you live or where you view or edit content);
- Soliciting personally identifiable information for purposes of harassment, exploitation, violation of privacy, or any promotional or commercial purpose not explicitly approved by TrainsDepot.org; and
- Soliciting personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18 for an illegal purpose or violating any applicable law regarding the health or well-being of minors.
Engaging in False Statements, Impersonation, or Fraud
- Intentionally or knowingly posting content that constitutes libel or defamation;
- With the intent to deceive, posting content that is false or inaccurate;
- Attempting to impersonate another user or individual, misrepresenting your affiliation with any individual or entity, or using the username of another user with the intent to deceive; and
- Engaging in fraud.
- Infringing copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights under applicable law;
- Misusing Our Services for Other Illegal Purposes;
- Posting child pornography or any other content that violates applicable law concerning child pornography;
- Posting or trafficking in obscene material that is unlawful under applicable law; and
- Using the services in a manner that is inconsistent with applicable law.
Engaging in Disruptive and Illegal Misuse of Facilities
- Posting or distributing content that contains any viruses, malware, worms, Trojan horses, malicious code, or other device that could harm our technical infrastructure or system or that of our users;
- Engaging in automated uses of the site that are abusive or disruptive of the services and have not been approved by TrainsDepot.org;
- Disrupting the services by placing an undue burden on the TrainsDepot.org website or the networks or servers connected with TrainsDepot.org;
- Disrupting the services by inundating TrainsDepot.org with communications or other traffic that suggests no serious intent to use the TrainsDepot.org website for its stated purpose;
- Knowingly accessing, tampering with, or using any of our non-public areas in our computer systems without authorisation; and
- Probing, scanning, or testing the vulnerability of any of our technical systems or networks unless all the following conditions are met:
- such actions do not unduly abuse or disrupt our technical systems or networks;
- such actions are not for personal gain (except for credit for your work);
- you report any vulnerabilities to TrainsDepot.org developers (or fix it yourself); and
- you do not undertake such actions with malicious or destructive intent.
Paid contributions without disclosure
- a statement on your user page,
- a statement on the talk page accompanying any paid contributions, or
- a statement in the edit summary accompanying any paid contributions.
Applicable law, or TrainsDepot.org policies and guidelines, such as those addressing conflicts of interest, may further limit paid contributions or require more detailed disclosure.
We reserve the right to exercise our enforcement discretion with respect to the above terms.
You are responsible for safeguarding your own password and should never disclose it to any third party.
All users contributing to TrainsDepot.org are required to grant broad permissions to the general public to re-distribute and re-use their contributions freely, so long as that use is properly attributed and the same freedom to re-use and re-distribute is granted to any derivative works. In keeping with our goal of providing free information to the widest possible audience, we require that when necessary all submitted content be licensed so that it is freely reusable by anyone who cares to access it.
Please note that we do allow commercial uses of your contributions, as long as such uses are compliant with the terms.
When you re-use or re-distribute content from TrainsDepot.org, you agree to attribute the authors in the following fashion:
- Through hyperlink (where possible) or URL to the page or pages that you are re-using.
TrainsDepot.org wants to ensure that the content that we host can be re-used by other users without fear of liability and that it is not infringing the proprietary rights of others. In fairness to our users, as well as to other creators and copyright holders, our policy is to respond to notices of alleged infringement that comply with the formalities of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA). Pursuant to the DMCA, we will terminate, in appropriate circumstances, users and account holders of our system and network who are repeat infringers.
However, we also recognise that not every takedown notice is valid or in good faith. In such cases, we strongly encourage users to file counter-notifications when they appropriately believe a DMCA takedown demand is invalid or improper.
If you are the owner of content that is being improperly used on TrainsDepot.org, you may request that the content be removed under the DMCA. To make such a request, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are solely responsible for your use of any third-party websites or resources. Although the TrainsDepot.org website contains links to third-party websites and resources, we do not endorse and are not responsible or liable for their availability, accuracy, or the related content, products, or services (including, without limitation, any viruses or other disabling features), nor do we have any obligation to monitor such third-party content.
At TrainsDepot.org, we rarely intervene in community decisions. In an unusual case, the need may arise, or the community may ask us, to address an especially problematic user because of significant disturbance or dangerous behaviour. In such cases, we reserve the right, but do not have the obligation to:
- Detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, or technical issues or respond to user support requests;
In the interests of our users, in the extreme circumstance that any individual has had his or her account or access blocked under this provision, he or she is prohibited from creating or using another account on or seeking access to TrainsDepot.org, unless we provide explicit permission.
At TrainsDepot.org, we do our best to provide educational and informational content to a very wide audience, but your use of our services is at your sole risk. We provide these services on an "as is" and "as available" basis, and we expressly disclaim all express or implied warranties of all kinds, including but not limited to the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We make no warranty that our services will meet your requirements, be safe, secure, uninterrupted, timely, accurate, or error-free, or that your information will be secure.
Any material downloaded or otherwise obtained through your use of our services is done at your own discretion and risk, and you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the download of any such material. You agree that we have no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any content or communication maintained by the service. We retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the types of disclaimers in this section, so they may not apply to you either in part or in full depending on the law.
TrainsDepot.org will not be liable to you or to any other party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data, or other intangible losses, regardless of whether we were advised of the possibility of such damage. In no event shall our liability exceed one thousand Euros (€ 1000.00) in aggregate. In the case that applicable law may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you, although our liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
You understand that, unless otherwise agreed to in writing by us, you have no expectation of compensation for any activity, contribution, or idea that you provide to us, the community, or TrainsDepot.org.